The Last Resort

Before the foundation of the world, I was chosen. Chosen to be a Joint Heir with Christ. I was 17 Y.O. when the Lord Jesus found me. You see, I was the one who was lost. Not Him. I was born in Williamsport, Pa. November 23, 1952. At 2 pounds and 10 ounces. A 32 weeker. I have been married 25 years. Now I work in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Talk about a full-circle! I've 5 sisters who love to play Monopoly.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wide Load

Wow I didnt know that so many people were reading my Glob!!Yes there never is a dull moment at or towards the Walking R Ranch. Well we finally got ChinaDawns 50 foot trailer moved. We put it North of the new barn. It is not level... I think I want to get my money back.... They said all I need to do is 'level it.' From where I come from, when you level something well, you just LEVEL IT!!! I kind of think that that is not what they mean. Jerry and I have been working long and hard trying to do this moving thing upright and legal. I went to DMV and got the necessary permit, went to RB rentals and got 3 wide load signs. One sign said "Oversized Load", another said "Wide Load Ahead", and the Third said "Wide Load Following" We even had two of those flashing yellow lights. We were going to be extra specially covered from all angles. The morning of the move I was to meet Jerry at McDonalds at 5 AM. Can you imagine me being anywhere at 5 AM? Me neither. I Couldnt wake up Ikers so I enlisted his buddy Miguel to drive the other of the two pilot cars. Miguel and I arrived at McDonalds at 8:30 Am. We had had to pick up the signs and they did not open till 8:00. Jerry was taking it all in stride. Nothing seems to rile him. So off we went to Corning. Two cars ahead and The Big TRuck following. Finally we were at Danas and put the trailer on the hitch. It was too short. Frustratingly we called around the mighty metropolis of Corning To find another longer armed hitch. None were anywhere. After much driving around Corning we found someone who could weld a longer hitch. Only 1 PM and we were in busines So back to Danas and we got all hitched up. We made the first two turns without a hitch. (wrong choice of words) ...without any problems. At Orangehurst just off of Hall we chose to check out everything. We were desparately low on all four trailer tires. I had Boyscoutingly had brought a spare. It had 8 lug holes. The trailer stupidly had 6. We decided to just park it and start early Sunday Am @5:00 so we could get to Mtg on time. It was getting too trafficey. Early Sat pm I called ChinaDawn and asked here If she could be one of the Pirate-cars. (note the levity here) you have to do this with ChinaDawn sometimes. Without batting an eye she abligehed. (sp) Migael caught up with Ikers who did eventually get up at 3PM. We dropped of ChinaDawns car at her work. (its sign said"Wide Load Ahead") Still attached of course, ready for our early Sunday AM escapade. Sunday morning came and I and Mg drove to Jerrys and got there at 6:15Am He lives in Anderson. Then we headed to Corning trying to get ahold of ChinaDawn who was to be our trailing Pilot-car. WE couldnt reach her. Jerry said dont worry we will do without it. All I could think of was the picture in my minds eye of Chinadawn driving around town with a "Wide Load Ahead" sign on the back of her car.(Heh, Heh.) Talk about poetic justice!! (Incidentally Ikers and I Had gone down Late saturday night to pump up the tires with our compressor and Generator. I did not quite use the pump right and was unable to get above 42#'s of air.) ....So with air provided by a local farmer refilling our airtank 5 times..we were off. 9:00Am sunday am. We drove straight down 99w through Red bluff down Main street then 36..., adn then to home. The looks we got were of others amazed to the guts we had in pulling a 50 foot trailer through town. No we were unable to make it to Mtg Im sure the Lord understood. So there you have it ..Saturdays on the ranch are not the only days that there are never dull moments. Sundays can be just as fun. Have a Great Week!

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Jailgy said…

    I took the liberty to take IOI's advice to you on the previous post and copied and pasted this here for you. I also enabled your title slot. You can name your posts now. More people will read your blog if they see you have a new POST not a new COMMENT. Comments are harder to find--you have to remember how many there were the last time you checked.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Jailgy said…

    I think you are forgetting to click on the orange "B" in the top left and then click on the green "+" to create a new post. I found it helpful to make a shortcut on my desktop to the "WRITE BLOG" page as well as the "READ BLOG" page.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I laughed out loud uncontrollably for almost five minutes upon reading the ChinaDawn Wide Load part! It was great! Thanks so much!!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 04, 2006 1:17:00 PM, Blogger knitterykate said…

    Sounds like a three ring circus there at the ranch. Hope you got the trailer level.

    BTW--I check your blog just about every day for news at the ranch which means I would read it everyday too. HINT, HINT.

     
  • At Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Tom said…

    Too bad I don't own a truck any more I would have loved to help move the trailer!!
    One more day in Omaha... can't wait to be home again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home